Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum rollback and Bug Reporting

Issues were created on the attempt to update forum software,
    mainly because of many of the fun add-ons and enhancements done to YardLimits over the years no longer being compatible with current code.
    Due to these issues we chose to revert the forum to the older software.

We believe the forum should be running smoothly now, however if you do run into any bugs please post the issues below. Thank you.

Does this mean that the new software is being abandoned?

Comment

No. What this means is that it is much more complicated than dreamed which equates to much more time and money. So, it will be worked on at a constant but not rushed pace and, when all "looks good", it will be implemented. Obviously nothing is perfect and there probably will be some "quirks" remaining but not as problematic as what was happening.

Bat
      NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Comment

If you can make new look like old...feel like old, and have same goodies as old, so much the better. But a different look for difference's sake is not warranted.
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

I like it the way it is
          Junior: My hat blew off, daddy.
          Buford T. Justice: I hope your goddamn head was in it.

Comment

why can't we get the Newslink section to actually link to an article, instead of going through a bunch of BS to access the link?
            -sigpicLet's All Hunch!

Comment

so are you going to sign me into the BLE-T forum or what -?? its a week old request

Comment

Originally posted by yankeflyer View Post
                so are you going to sign me into the BLE-T forum or what -?? its a week old request
                I don't know where those requests are routed. It wasn't to me, but, I'll find out.
                NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Comment

VBulletin updates:
                  to quote Zeb: "The upgrades MUST be done. Not doing so, leaves the site very unsecure and outdated."

Comment

Originally posted by yankeflyer View Post
                    Re-submit your request to join the BLET forum. The request now goes to batman.

Comment

did the new post search, tried to go to page two and a "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." error appeared. Tried it several times and got the same result. Using google chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by PI_Division_Conductor View Post
                        I like it the way it is
                        I agree 100%......I wish they could update but leave it the way it looks right now.....

Comment

It is very important to stay current on all software updates for security reasons and search engine optimization. The speed of a site is now becoming a consideration of how it fairs with Google on searches. About a 17 months ago, there was a discussion about trying to increase membership. That can be done the old-fashioned way and should but it can also be done by optimizing the site. However, you can only get a 66' Camaro to go so fast...
                          Steve Gordon
                          Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P.
                          FELA Lawyer
                          FELA Lawyer Blog
                          Serving Injured Railroad Employees Nationwide
                          Call for a FELA Lawyer 24/7/365
                          800-773-6770

Comment

Originally posted by FELA FELLA View Post
                            It is very important to stay current on all software updates for security reasons and search engine optimization. The speed of a site is now becoming a consideration of how it fairs with Google on searches. About a 17 months ago, there was a discussion about trying to increase membership. That can be done the old-fashioned way and should but it can also be done by optimizing the site. However, you can only get a 66' Camaro to go so fast...
                            Absolutely! I appreciate Zeb's time, energy, and attention to this forum. Man, I didn't realize how addicted I was to this site until I was shut out during the upgrade.

Comment

Actually, the first Camaro was a 1967 model and I wish I had one.
                              "A guy can't just sit around." Lawnchair Larry

Comment

Working...
                              X