New Frontpage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Frontpage

The new frontend (frontpage) of the website is in place. The basic structure is in place. I will be adding many more functions/menus/content as we got. But the basic structure is in place now.

The new frontend combines news and social networking functions to YardLimits.com. The Social Networking portion of the website has a lot of functions and really allows the YardLimits members to fully connect with other members as well as complete control of their online presence.

Since the Social Networking usually has website members revealing a bit more about themselves and lives, we have decided to keep the forum and social network logins/profiles seperate. The forum has always allowed more anonimity for members and will continue to do so. The Social Network side will allow members to have a completely seperate and more public profile. Simply put, your identity on the social network site and the forum will not be tied togther and you can continue to have a more anonymous presence on the forum while having a public presence on the social networking portion of the website. If you want to reveal your username on the forums on the social network site for others to follow your forum postings, then that is up to you. Otherwise, you can have two seperate online identities - private on on the forums and public one on the social networking side.

Logining in on the Front end, will not log you in to the forums. The forum login will remain seperate.

I encourage all of you to visit and register on the front end of the site and set up your social networking profiles and any applications you wish to use on the new network.

http://www.yardlimits.com - new portion of the website

http://www.yardlimits.com/community - social network

I will be closing some of the redundant features on the forum that the new social network site now has - forum photo galleries/forum social groups/forum blogs/etc.

Also, be sure to edit your profile. It is not much good if you register and then do not set up your profile or applications.

http://www.yardlimits.com/community/profile/edit

Comment

Originally posted by Zeb View Post
      Also, be sure to edit your profile. It is not much good if you register and then do not set up your profile or applications.

Community

so were allowed to go ahead and do this...

i tried but im not having very good luck

what brouser is the best to use?

Comment

Originally posted by momster
        got it figured..
        So what did you figure?

Comment

zeb-as information with your recent update, i can no longer get on here from my cell phone. the home page will not load and is useless. do you have a tip on how to get to it without getting burnt by the homepage? i have an lg dare if that matters, which i am gettting rid of soon.
          --all postings by this poster are public information and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad-for their official position please see the particular carriers website

Comment

Originally posted by gsxr1000mxz800 View Post
            zeb-as information with your recent update, i can no longer get on here from my cell phone. the home page will not load and is useless. do you have a tip on how to get to it without getting burnt by the homepage? i have an lg dare if that matters, which i am gettting rid of soon.
            Just type in www.yardlimits.com/forums on your cell phone. Or if you want to get the front page on your cell phone - download and use something other than your default browser cell phone browser. My default browser on my BlackBerry works fine for the front page. But some of the none smartphones may have problems since they have limited or not very good default web browsers. Opera Mini or Opera Mobile work very well on cell phones that come with limited browsers by default.
            Last edited by Zeb; 05-18-2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X