Go Back   YardLimits.com > Hobbies and Leisure > Tech Zone
Connect with Facebook

Tech Zone Computers and Electronics. Problem with that computer or just want to chat about the latest technology - join in.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 02:39 PM

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Bamalama is on a distinguished road
Default Windows 8 & Emulator

Got a new laptop to replace the old, almost dead one (7 yr old Compaq). Just use it to pass the time at AFHT. Nice desktop at home.

The new one has Windows 8. Browsers.....have both IE 10 and Firefox 17.0.1

Can someone explain in a step by step process how to get the emulator to work with Windows 8. Never had an issue with prior computers. Usually figured it out by myself. I have followed the info on the emulator help page, but it's really out of date. I'm sure it's in which Java to use and the settings.

I can get to HTML version from the
http://www2.bnsf.com:8200/
page to work with IE, but not Firefox. The html version is really clunky and a pain to use though.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bamalama
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Downloads: 9
Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,266 Posts
Mike Honcho is a jewel in the roughMike Honcho is a jewel in the roughMike Honcho is a jewel in the roughMike Honcho is a jewel in the rough

From that page use the very first 3270 link. Turn off your popup blocker also.
There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Senior Retired Member

Downloads: 12
Thanked 1,183 Times in 436 Posts
Hobo has a spectacular aura aboutHobo has a spectacular aura aboutHobo has a spectacular aura about

Forget that page and go directly to the emulator on this link:

http://www2.bnsf.com:8200/jretest.ht...on=switch.html

Turn off pop-up block, enable Java in either advanced settings or security.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Downloads: 9
Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,266 Posts
Mike Honcho is a jewel in the roughMike Honcho is a jewel in the roughMike Honcho is a jewel in the roughMike Honcho is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
Forget that page and go directly to the emulator on this link:

http://www2.bnsf.com:8200/jretest.ht...on=switch.html

Turn off pop-up block, enable Java in either advanced settings or security.

Yes I have the same link but since he referenced that page I wanted to make sure he knew the correct one to use. Or just right click and save on desktop.
There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.