Go Back   YardLimits.com > Hobbies and Leisure > Tech Zone
Connect with Facebook

Tech Zone Computers and Electronics. Problem with that computer or just want to chat about the latest technology - join in.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 12:37 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Hugger is on a distinguished road
Default BNSF Emulator on Smart Phone?

Has anyon her tried using a smart phone ie. MotoQ or Blackberry to access the BNSF emulator? I use U.S. Cellular and was in their store checking them out but the salesman couldn't figure out if it could be done. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-19-2008, 04:47 PM

Downloads: 5
prostock19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugger View Post
Has anyon her tried using a smart phone ie. MotoQ or Blackberry to access the BNSF emulator? I use U.S. Cellular and was in their store checking them out but the salesman couldn't figure out if it could be done. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
As far as I know, not possible at this time. Using a devices using WM5 or 6, I use the mobile remote desktop to connect to my PC at home and do it that way. Pain in the A$$, but it works.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-05-2008, 03:59 PM

buck1 is on a distinguished road

There is a program that is supposed to work on handhelds to use the emulator. I know that there are people in the system that have it working, but I have not had contact with them yet. It is not supported by BNSF, so none of the exempt blackberry users have it on their issued phones. Go to www.ota.rovemobile.com, download only the mobile ssh trial version, and set up your connection. If you happen to run into anyone that has the right settings to make it work, please let me know. There is a roadforeman in CO that has it working, I just haven't heard back from him.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:30 AM

Hugger is on a distinguished road

Hey Buck,

Just talked to an engineer about this. He has his Moto Q set up for it. All you need to do is have the carrier install Java and you're good to go. Two major pluses I see are accessability to the emulator and you have your rule book all in one device.

I'm going down to U.S. Cellular to check them out sometime this week.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Downloads: 9
Thanked 2,289 Times in 1,253 Posts
Mike Honcho is a jewel in the roughMike Honcho is a jewel in the roughMike Honcho is a jewel in the roughMike Honcho is a jewel in the rough

There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mike Honcho is a jewel in the roughMike Honcho is a jewel in the roughMike Honcho is a jewel in the roughMike Honcho is a jewel in the rough

There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:36 PM

Downloads: 7
gadget is on a distinguished road

Buck, Have you heard anything on the settings for this. For that matter has anyone figured out how to do this yet?
Old 08-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

PCmobilzr works but it is not that great on a windows mobile phone.

It is great for playing pranks on your family while you're away from home. You can control anything from your phone on your home pc.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:16 PM

Mtbr_Mike is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up NEW APP for BNSF RR Emulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugger View Post

Thanks in advance.
Their is a new app that just came out on the android market (and they say their also launching an apple one soon) It's called "Emulator 3270" you can look up BNSF also to find it. It is so easy to use compared to trying to log in through a browser and having to use those little F-keys on the screen, This one dosn't have those. It is the best and easiest way to log on to the Emulator.
This is a video of how i works ( Emulator Access 3270: Accessing the BNSF Emulator from Android Devices - YouTube)
After you download it you enter the URL the one time and that's it. Then every time you hit the app it goes strait to the BNSF log in screen. NICE - and logs you in

Last edited by Mtbr_Mike; 03-12-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:32 AM

Downloads: 14
Thanked 1,058 Times in 457 Posts
TinLizard is on a distinguished road

I'll give it a try next time I'm at the hotel, but right off hand, why would you tell it to go to the HTML session?